Hi and welcome!
I’m Mary – personal chef, plant-based eater and content creator sharing simple, satisfying and plant-powered recipes, meal ideas and more!
As an in-home personal chef, caterer and a graduate of a health-supportive culinary school, I specialize in straight-forward, nutrient-dense, flavorful and crowd-pleasing food, plus all things meal-prep, entertaining and mindful consumption.
Many of my posts reference Lean Pantry, which is my two part home cooking system designed to make plant-based cooking and eating convenient, easy and delicious. Lean Pantry includes my expertly curated kitchen stock list and coordinating recipe collection, meaning you’ll always have what you need to cook up something good.
Happy cooking, friends. If you want to learn a bit more about me, check out my Random Ten list below! xo
My Random Ten
1. Before I went to culinary school I worked in corporate fashion for Ralph Lauren.
2. I use only one kind of pens for writing, Papermate Flair felt tip pens (medium). Nothing else compares.
3. I currently live in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in St. Louis, Missouri. I often get home sick.
4. I graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison with an Art History major.
5. I have a dream of living in a tiny house on a large plot of land.
6. My favorite foods are pizza, burritos and buffalo-style anything.
7. I love personal cheffing because I’m paid to make up recipes on the fly.
8. I don’t love meat and dairy substitutes that mimic the real thing, and I hardly ever eat them at home or cook with them.
9. My fave fruit is pineapple but I’m slightly allergic to it and get a weird but mild reaction if I eat a lot at one time.
10. Currently, my favorite recipe on RFV is my vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup.